Outset Cornwall provides essential support to individuals from all areas and backgrounds to realise their enterprise potential.
Head of Economic Development
The Outset programme
Over the last decade, our core programme of start-up learning content has developed acknowledged best practice for disadvantaged client groups. It has been expanded to include a fast-track start up option for more business-ready clients, and provides all clients with the vital knowledge needed for sustainable start-up, including:
- Recruitment of participants
- Conduct a diagnostic review with new programme participants, including a needs assessment, to identify the right pathway of support for individuals, and setting specific objectives for them
- Deliver workshops and skills training and covering a variety of core skills, including business finance, marketing and sustainable business practices
- Provide ongoing business support and 1:2:1 mentoring services
- Support the development of business plans and provide access to finance
- Post participation monitoring of up to 36 months
The fully funded Outset programme is currently available in a range of locations:
- Cornwall & the Isles of Scilly
- Plymouth & Torbay
- Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch
- Waltham Forest
- Swindon & Wiltshire
Outset Online covered all the areas I needed plus some I hadn’t thought about. When I found something difficult to work on, I kept going, determined to stick with it and knew that I could always phone or email the Outset team for support.
Founder, Pip Hayler Photography
Early on in our service provision, we realised that time was a constraint for clients, recognising that online provision of training would be more convenient for some, and we therefore invested in online version of the Outset programme – Outset Online.
This online platform contains the same award-winning content delivered in a user-friendly, highly interactive and social platform. It offers 50 hours of learning and a dynamic community of business owners and mentors.