YTKO provides innovative, award-winning business and finance support for start-ups and for growth-ambitious SMEs in both the public and private sector. We have a long and distinguished track record of delivering tangible bottom-line results for our clients and are proud of our heritage of absolute equality and diversity in our business base.
We are now looking for Business Advisor to deliver support to individuals and early-stage businesses in Devon under our Outset brand within a consortium of partner organisations, partly funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF). Outset provides a friendly and supportive service to help individuals gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to sustain a business. Our Business Advisors help people to explore the status of self-employment and ensure that we provide the right tools and information they might need.
Our Business Advisors must not only have strong business, sector and functional expertise to bring to clients, but proven abilities to engage groups and convey knowledge effectively through a range of training workshops and 1:1 sessions, delivered online and face to face where possible. We are also keen to intensify our business development and lead generation approach / capabilities in this phase of our contractual delivery.
- Supporting new client lead generation and business development activity in Plymouth / Devon.
- Planning and delivering a variety of outreach and awareness-raising activities (particularly information sessions), motivating and engaging with people from diverse backgrounds to build a strong pipeline of clients starting the programme.
- Providing 1:1 coaching with individuals and early stage companies to help them overcome any barriers to achieving sustainable and successful businesses.
- Planning and delivering group training activities including personal development and practical business start-up sessions and, in doing so, achieving targets for client engagement and business survival.
- The responsibility for delivering this activity in partnership with national and local partners and stakeholders, with whom you will foster, develop and maintain excellent working relationships.
- To enable clients to positively de-select themselves from the programme at the appropriate time if their business plans do not align with the programme goals of personality fit and sustainability, proactively facilitating onward referral to alternative support as appropriate.
- Capturing and ensuring the accurate recording in our CRM and in client files of all appropriate client data and evidence required by the Project Director and supporting the preparation of accurate and informed claims and progress reports.
- Promoting the project at events (some evening or weekend work may be required).
- Meeting delivery and outcome targets as set by the Team Lead.
- Delivering excellent service at all times to clients, partners, stakeholders and funders.
- Reflect and promote the values of YTKO/Outset at all times.
Interested? Complete our Application and Equal Opportunities form using the Apply Online button.
YTKO has a strong value set to which all our team have contributed to and demonstrate on a daily basis. We welcome applications from all candidates fulfilling the job requirements, regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion or disability, firmly believing that a diverse and inclusive team, underpinned by a great, flexible culture, is fundamental to our success.
plymouth or Exeter with travel across Devon
£28,000 - £34,000 p.a. depending on skills and experience
Full time, permanent.