Outset Cornwall provides essential support to individuals from all areas and backgrounds to realise their enterprise potential.
Head of Economic Development
Over the last decade, our core programme of start-up learning content has developed acknowledged best practice for disadvantaged client groups. It has been expanded to include a fast-track start up option for more business-ready clients, and provides all clients with the vital knowledge needed for sustainable start-up, including:
- Recruitment of participants
- Conduct a diagnostic review with new programme participants, including a needs assessment, to identify the right pathway of support for individuals, and setting specific objectives for them
- Deliver workshops and skills training and covering a variety of core skills, including business finance, marketing and sustainable business practices
- Provide ongoing business support and 1:2:1 mentoring services
- Support the development of business plans and provide access to finance
- Post participation monitoring of up to 36 months
The fully funded Outset programme is currently available in a range of locations:
Outset Online covered all the areas I needed plus some I hadn’t thought about. When I found something difficult to work on, I kept going, determined to stick with it and knew that I could always phone or email the Outset team for support.
Founder, Pip Hayler Photography
Early on in our service provision, we realised that time was a constraint for clients, recognising that online provision of training would be more convenient for some, and we therefore invested in online version of the Outset programme – Outset Online.
This online platform contains the same award-winning content delivered in a user-friendly, highly interactive and social platform. It offers 50 hours of learning and a dynamic community of business owners and mentors.